Tuesday, September 24, 2013

HEALTHY Lunches, Workouts & Teaching!


Hey ya'll!

WOW! Time flies when your busy!

I have a great packing lunch post coming up, I'm SO excited to share :)

Things have been hectic with this new school schedule, but it will all be worth it when I'm teaching in my own classroom!

(My Clothes are a little baggy - I still have an aversion to tight clothing!)

I've been LOVING intern teaching!

One thing I've noticed, teacher's feet HURT by the end of the day! And I'm pretty sure all that walking around and bending down and over has me burning MANY extra calories! (Yay!)

Any teachers out there have tips for a newbie?

Here are some workouts I have been doing lately:



 10 Wall Ball shots, 20 Kettle bell Swings, 30 Sit Ups - 5 rounds for time!


I've been taking dance classes at the gym again to add a little variety into my routine, and you know what? I LOVE it! 

As you can tell, I've been dedicating all my workouts to my sweet little IR4 Buddy! 

If you want to get hooked up with a DARLING special needs child to dedicate your workouts to, visit THIS website!

Of course, I have been packing wholesome lunches to school:

 Ham and cheese rolls, Carrot Stick and Hummus, Pineapple and Plain Air Popped Popcorn!

Ham and Cheese Rolls, Grapes, All Natural Almonds mixed with Dark Chocolate Fruit covered pieces and Pirates Booty!

I've been playing around with adding Gluten Free, CLEAN eating snacks back into my diet, because its nice to have something to snack on in my classes!

When I first started school, I was nervous that my classmates would think it was weird I had a sectioned lunch box, and didn't eat the normal sandwiches and chips...

BUT my classmates actually have complemented me on my cute lunch box and healthy lunches! No one complained, EVEN when I packed tuna ;)


I've also been working a job on the weekend, Recognize me?? :)

I've been face painting parties dressed as Strawberry Shortcake!

Hope ya'll are doing well!
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. That is great that you have been packing such healthy lunches, I am really working on focusing on that too. What grade are you intern teaching?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look super cute as Strawberry Shortcake Dani - what a fun job! I love the look of your healthy lunches, do you put lids on each individual box or keep them upright so they don't get mixed up? Just wondering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the individual containers inside the box have lids, but the whole lunch box fits in a way that I usually don't use lids over the almonds or grapes or popcorn because they stay in their container when its closed :) My lunchbox is a laptop lunch box by Bento Box!

      Delete
  3. Your Strawberry Shortcake outfit is so cute! Well done on your lunches and workouts. I know what you mean about having hurting feet by the end of the day. I don't really like wearing flats so one easy option is a pair of comfortable wedges (peep toe with a strap around the back of the ankle). You still get the height plus you get some comfort and support :)

    ReplyDelete