Monday, December 30, 2013

Fitness and Health New Years Resolutions

I absolutely LOVE making New Years Resolutions. The problem is, I usually don't keep them :/

Last Year I did AMAZING (not to toot my own horn) I pretty much stuck to my healthy eating/fitness goals all the way until about this October... Ever since I got engaged I have been eating TERRIBLE!

You'd think with an impending wedding I would be stepping up my game?? I have gained several pounds, my skin looks unhealthy and I am reverting back to old habits. 

THANK GOODNESS FOR THE NEW YEAR!

I always feel like the new year is a fresh start, where we can erase the mistakes of the old year and welcome the change of the new year. 

I plan to do just that! I have 4 months to get back into shape for my engagement pictures. 

Not only that, LAST year my goal was to do the Spartan Race, which I did and you can read about my experience HERE

This year my new fitness goal is to do a Sprint Triathlon this summer. A Sprint Tri is a ¼ Mile Swim, 12.5 Mile Bike, and finished with a 3.1 Mile Run. 

I started training for this in the end of this last summer but then became consumed with school and gave up my training. This semester, I am putting aside excuses and committing to training for the sprint tri!

There is one on May 19th that I am going to keep in mind as a goal!

Here are all of my fitness & health goals:







Happy New Years everyone!

-Dani

7 comments:

  1. I also love New Year Resolutions. But first congrats on your engagement & girl you have plenty of time to get back into shape. What a wonderful time for you. I also plan on losing weight this year. Get to the goal weight I have slowly, but surly, been working on. I would love to do a triathlon, can't wait to read all about it :)

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year, Dani! I think if we continue with our fitness projects, we'll be doing better than fine. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marion! Happy New Year to you too! :D

      Delete
  3. OMG. Become an early riser. Seriously something I tell myself every Sunday night. "We'll start waking up early this Monday." I'm starting to think it's impossible for me lol. Someday maybe =) If you get the hang of it you should definitely write a how-to post on how you did it!

    ReplyDelete