Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Saying NO to Peeps!!! Photo Diet & Wod!



Do you have a seasonal LOVE for a certain candy/sweet?

It seems like I have one for EVERY season!!!

Why is it that we associate Holidays with TREATS!?

For Easter It's Peeps:

For Halloween its Candy Corn Pumpkins:

For Christmas its Brach's Christmas Candy:
For Valentine's day its a whole ASSORTMENT of things, Like:


The worst part is, I JUSTIFY eating these every holiday!!!

How many times have I thought:

"Well..it is Christmas. It should be okay to eat bad, after Christmas I'll do better!"


In the midst of the challenge I'm doing, EASTER happened. 

What did my family get me for Easter???

3 BIG BOXES OF PEEPS. I LOVE PEEPS!


My loving mother gave these to me, KNOWING I am NOT eating sugar right now, but assumed I would make an exception... "Because it's Easter". 


This year, I decided to SAY NO to Easter Peeps.

I took this picture on the stage of the elementary school I work at, because I gave the peeps to the children/coworkers I work with instead of eating them!!!!


It was hard at first, because I truly have an ADDICTION to sugar, and these are probably the Most sugar-filled thing you could ever eat. 
(anyone recovering from sugar addiction knows how I feel)

But then I felt GREAT when they were gone!

I am proud that I actively made the choice to say NO. 
(and that its even possible). 

I am very excited to know I can say NO to the holiday sweets this upcoming year! ITS POSSIBLE!

Photo Diet:



\




I had a great day and found these all organic, 70% dark chocolate, naturally sweetened covered almonds at the store to have for dessert!

I had a great workout as well - 


I was able to hit 135 lbs 1 rep max in my front squat (NEW PR!)
& 115 lb 2 rep max!

For the second portion of the wod, I used a 26 lb kettlebell instead of the 35 lbs and had to substitute 60 singles for the double unders (that's still a developing skill for me)


Hope everyone had a healthy day!

What are your favorite holiday treats?

2 comments:

  1. Well done for not giving in to those Peeps!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an awesome post. Way to be strong!!

    Kara
    ww.simplisticallysassy.com

    ReplyDelete