Saturday, June 22, 2013

Chocolate Protein Waffles!!!




This Recipe was the BOMB.COM!!!!

I was craving something sweet for breakfast today and had seen several Protein Waffle recipes on Pinterest recently and BAM! 

These Babies were born!



Ingredients:
1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut flour
1 scoop protein powder
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup milk (or almond/coconut milk)
1 egg


The recipe makes ONE waffle, (super filling) and was Easy Peasy!!!

Directions:
  1. Heat waffle iron & grease with coconut oil
  2. Mix dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl
  3. Mix wet ingredients together into the dry ingredients
  4. IMPORTANT: I highly suggest you add fruit to your waffle batter, because it is gluten free & protein packed and very dense!
  5. Add Cinnamon & Vanilla to taste
  6. Poor into Greased waffle iron!
  7. ENJOY!




9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They were really yummy!!! Make sure to throw some fruit in the batter :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I gave these a try last weekend and the waffle was pretty good! I did mash up a banana into my batter because the batter was rather runny. I have a thinner waffle maker (the kind with four square waffles) so I think that made a difference in how mine cooked compared to yours. It may not have looked as pretty as your picture, but it did taste great. TFS! :)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to try these. My hubby bought a whole big tub of protein powder & it's just sitting there. Now I have a use for it! Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look awesome! Will definitely be trying them! Pinning these!

    Allison @ www.allisonskinnyjeans.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love them! Actually I love everything that is made with coconut flour!
    Thank you so much for sharing this at Wednesday Extravaganza - can't wait to see what you share next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you add 3 tbsp applesauce you get them less dense and amazing - such a good recipe !

    ReplyDelete