Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Swimming Workout


Yesterday I did a swimming wod!


I was nervous for this workout, because I have been sick the past couple days but ALSO because I have recognized that swimming is a challenge for me!

I have great skill when it comes to swimming the actual strokes, just not the endurance.

So I thought allot about how when I went to LifeTime and looked at the lap swimmers swimming endless laps - always noticing how slow they were swimming. 

So I figured that must be the secret!

I swam for forty-five minute straight at a nice, slow pace! I alternated between backstroke, freestyle and breaststroke! 

It felt great and I think I got a good workout in!



This past Saturday was an active rest day for me, so I tried a Power Yoga class at my families gym!

It was AWESOME!

The perfect mixture of challenging, and relaxing. 

My favorite part of a yoga class is at the very end when you lay on your mat, close your eyes and relax. 

I always feel SO rested but also energized afterwards!

I've been working really hard on eating allot better too!

Since I've been sick I've had a very small appetite...& I've also been craving fruit!

Yesterday I ate no breakfast and was hardly hungry for lunch but I forced myself to eat:

 Lunch: Small Italian Salad & fruit Salad

Dinner: 3 Homemade meatballs in "clean eating" homemade sweet and sour sauce w/ brown rice and veggies. 
Todays workout for me is going to be weightlifting! YAY...as long as I don't feel too sick (I'm kinda leaning toward just laying in bed all day)

Hope everyone has a great workout!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Dani,

    Do you want your blog to be famous instantly? Blogionaire is simple. Blogionaire forwards the traffic to today's blogionaire and tomorrow's blogionaire is picked from the blogs added today. Become tomorrow's blogionaire and get famous instantly.

    Don't forget to add your blog daily for free. You can also become a blogionaire if you put a heart on your blog and let your followers love your blog.

    Visit http://www.blogionaire.com and add your blog today.

    Best regards
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete