Tuesday, February 19, 2013

THE SPARTAN RACE!!!!!!

As most of you know, I signed up for the Arizona Spartan Sprint in July when I first started this blog - as a training goal of mine!!!

Let me just say, I am so GLAD I did!!

Boyfriend and I after the Race, Muddy and FREEZING!

The Race was Challenging yet FUN and I am so proud of myself for finishing!

The Race was held in the McDowell Mountains.... ROUGH for Running! We were constantly running up and down hills!


The Run was a total of 4 miles long with crazy obstacles along the way!

For each obstacle you couldn't do, you had to do 30 burpees...

I am proud to say I did ZERO burpees! :)



This was the rope climb..the HARDEST event for me in the race!!!

It was 20 feet tall, and the bottom of the rope was submerged in water - I started waist high in freezing cold water!

The rope was soaked and I was absolutely terrified the whole climb!
Literally- I was shaking like a leaf and halfway up I almost came back down.

Lucky for me, Boyfriend was at the bottom of the rope cheering me on and gave me the courage I needed to reach the top of the rope!!!

It took me an hour and a half to finish overall, but I am SO proud of myself for finishing the race!

Back in July when I first started this journey, I couldn't even run 1 mile without stopping. 

Now I do Crossfit, I can Run, and I am almost back to being in the best shape of my life :)

Today I weighed in at 140 lbs, making my total weight-loss 17 pounds!

No crash diet, no crazy secrets. 

Exercise, Healthy Food and allot of dedication and motivation!!!!


Last but not least, thank you SO MUCH for following my blog the past 7 months and encouraging me!!!

Without you guys, I probably wouldn't have lasted two weeks!

I can't wait to see what the future holds!





3 comments:

  1. That is soo awesome!! i need to rev up my workouts! Thanks for inspiring me!
    xoxo
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!!!! :) Congratulations :) Am so proud of you!
    I'd love to do something like that one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, you're crazy, but I'm proud of you :) That's a hell of an achievement; congrats!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete