Saturday, May 4, 2013

WHY You Should Make Your Own Trail Mix!




Trail Mix seems like a healthy and innocent snack...

BUT

Many mixes throw in Chocolate chips/ M&M's


Loads of salt

&

Added sugars.



This could easily make that "healthy" little handful of trail mix

 contain 300-plus calories!!!!




Making your own trail mix can offer a high protein, high energy

 snack - without the calorie overload!



All you need are:

 2-3 Types Unsalted Nuts
You can find these at any Fry's in a dispenser area

1-2 Types of dried fruit:
Also found at Fry's: organic & unsweetened or naturally sweetened


I also like to add Dark Chocolate covered fruit pieces from Next 

Organics. 


I've only ever found them at Albertsons, but they are all organic 
and their products contain:

 NO Chemical residues, Micro-biological pathogens & GMO ingredients. 


 You can check out their website here!


I usually go to Fry's to make my trail mix because most Fry's have 

an aisle where you can self serve yourself Nuts & dried fruit pieces

 & pay by weight for fairly cheap!


I like to get pecans, almonds, banana chips, raisins, & then add in a 

package of my dark chocolate fruit from Organics!!


One 1/4 cup serving of my trail mix has about:

109 Calories
7.5 Fats
12 Carbs
1 Fiber
3 Proteins


I typically eat a serving every morning, 2 hours after juicing to 

sustain me until lunch!!!


Today I am snacking on it while I study for my finals this week...
Wish me luck!



6 comments:

  1. This looks good! I love banana chips :)

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, me too! I need to learn to make them myself!
      Thanks for stopping byy!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trail mix & never buy it in the store. I hate buying things that can be made at home with less additives & sugars. This looks great Dani. Thank you for sharing at our Pinteresting Party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was wanting to know your situation; many of us have developed some nice methods and we are looking
    to trade strategies with other folks, please shoot me an email if interested.


    Feel free to surf to my web page - Converse All Star

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I've been tossing around the idea of making my own trail mix, because I hate how fat and sugar-laden the premade ones are. After seeing your recipe, I just might do it!

    Carolyn @ http://fitnastyforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete