I Love the Paleo Life Style, but ALLOT of times I MISS baked goods!!
My boyfriend and I came up with this recipe (modified it from another recipe) and were SO excited to try it!
Pure Vanilla Extract
Coconut Oil, Organic
1 cup, sifted
Semisweet Chocolate Chips
Cocoa Powder, Organic
1/4 cup, unsweetened
Sliced Almonds1/2 cup, chopped
At first I was like... HEY, there is no baking soda or powder in this recipe??!!! How will this ever work!!!
But it turns out, we didn't need it ;)
Preheat oven to 325.
- Melt coconut oil and honey on low head in a saucepan.
- In a medium size mixing bowl blend eggs, vanilla extract, salt, honey, and coconut oil with an electric hand mixer.
- Add in unsweetened cocoa powder, and blend again.
- Sift in the coconut flour, and continue to blend with the hand mixer until all the ingredients are mixed.
- Pour in chocolate chunks, and almonds and stir with a spatula until evenly distributed.
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet, scoop out dough into small balls ( 1-2 tablespoons is about right).
- Using a cup, flatten each cookie into a "cookie shape" **This is important, cookies do NOT flatten while baking!
- Bake at 325 for about 15 minutes, or until the cookies start to brown a bit on the top
They turned out Soft & Chewy and INCREDIBLY Delicious!!!
We didn't have dark chocolate chips but we DID have an 88% dark chocolate bar, which we chopped into huge chocolate chunks..