Saturday, August 11, 2012

Photo Diet 8/11/12


After Mountain biking today, I had a hard time eating meals. 

Maybe it was the unhealthy dinner last night..

Maybe it was the sugar cravings that one goes through each time they cheat off the paleo diet

Whatever it was, I had a HARD time staying healthy today

Here is what I ate today:

Pre-bike snack:
Banana & Paleo Coffee

Right after ride:


Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs, bacon & fruit juice


Snack:
 Canteloupe



Lunch:
 1/2 a sweet potato plain


Chicken Stir Fry




Snack:
 Dark Chocolate...



Then my boyfriend, sister and I went to Sub Zero! Do you have one of those located near you??

Sub Zero is AWESOME!

You basically build your own ice cream from the base, so it can be as healthy or bad as you want!!!

I just read in my book that high fat dairy products are acceptable on the Paleo diet. 

So I chose the Lowfat 5% as my base. 
(I think it was milk?)

These are all the options you can pick from there:

The higher the cream content, the smoother the ice cream.
Premium: 14%
Custard: 10%
Low Fat: 5%
Yogurt: 0%
Soy/Rice Milk: 0%

After you build your ice cream, they use LIQUID NITROGEN to freeze it right in front of you!!

It's definitley an experience and a great place to take kids!

This is what mine looked like when it was done:



Part of the deal is that it comes with a mix in 
(candy, marshmallows, cheesecake ect.)


I did NOT go with a mix in, because it was kind of a stretch to consider this a paleo "acceptable" item in the first place!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment