Thursday, August 9, 2012

Temptations

I was reading a Paleo blog a few days ago and the woman writing it said the Best way to do the Paleo lifestyle is:

"start fresh, get rid of EVERYTHING in your house that is not "Paleo" to avoid temptations. 

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had that freedom?

Today I felt compelled to share with you how much MENTAL energy goes into being "Paleo" for me. 

I live at home with my parents 

My Mom (whom I love)

Is an extreme couponer

She started about a year and a half ago.. and while no one ever FORCED anything into my mouth, 

I'd say the abundance of "bad" foods in my house definitely had a negative impact on my dietary 

choices, leading to the huge weight gain I am currently working on LOSING. 


I just wanted to share a few pictures with you of what food is in my house RIGHT NOW 

These are the temptations I say NO to every day!

 Our Stocked Cereal Shelf... Which is always tempting because Cereal is FASTER than cooking your own breakfas



 Cookies/beans/soups/peanut butter shelf 


 Cake mix, Granola bars, Crackers, Pop Tarts, Macaroni, ect.
 Another Shelf of MORE Cake mix


 Starbucks coffees that I LOVE, but I stick with my coconut milk/honey coffee instead


 A whole DRAWER dedicated to Marshmallows... Thats right. There are at least six bags in there


The bread shelf in my fridge... Need I say more?


And there are MORE things I could put on here...The Candy Bar bowl in my kitchen, The sodas, I could really go on all day. 

But the moral of this post is:

You don't have to clean out your WHOLE house to eat healthy. 

It makes you STRONGER to simply say No. 

I like to remember this when I am making food choices:

 




Stay tuned for My W.o.d.!

xoxo
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You live in a grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! It makes eating healthy very challenging!

      Delete